Monday, July 21, 2008

A Grand Day Out

It's been a lovely day. It started with dental appointments for all the kids with glowing reports about their teeth, even Big Brother who is notoriously bad at brushing but has been remembering and doing it well lately, then off to Durham for a Breastfeeding Picnic to raise awareness about the disparity between Scottish law and the rest of the UK. Morgan puts it so much better than I could here:There were about 20 mums there and it was so nice to be in the majority for a change. Being a 'long term' breastfeeder can be a bit of a lonely old life at times, but there I was surrounded by other breastfeeding mums all enjoying the sunshine and having a good time. I met a wonderful young man called Daniel who sat happily on my lap and smiled up at me for ages. I also got distracted by the cute student eye-candy on my long walk back from the toilets in the cathedral:-) Then after the picnic it was off to a cafe bar to spend a great afternoon of adult chat with a Ma/Phd student discussing bed-sharing. The hours whizzed by and I think we covered every possible topic relating to attachment parenting. A whole day surrounded by like-minded people. Priceless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP